For artists and creatives at all skill levels who are struggling to keep motivated during this difficult time, we invite you to attend this free portfolio development workshop. This workshop will cover the basics of developing a professional quality portfolio, including writing a CV, bio, artist's statement and press release along with exploring funding, residencies and exhibition options and best practices. Along the way, we'll hear rare insights from working artists, curators, and gallerists around the world about how artists can achieve their goals and strengthen their presence in the arts.
Dates: Tuesday, July 14
Times: 11am – 12:30pm PST
Cost: This event will be live-streamed online for free. Ticket sales go towards directly supporting the artists and Gray Area — please considering contributing what you can.
Experience Level: Any
• Define current career goals
• Prepare and develop your online portfolio
• Write an artist's statement, CV, and bio
• Apply for grants and residencies
• Explore a wide range of financing opportunities
• Promote your work and expand your network
• You'll also hear directly from professional artists, curators, and gallerists as they relay useful insights about everything from starting a collective to how to stand out when applying for opportunities